Cheating

In a previous post, I touched upon doping and performance enhancing drugs. Recently, I have seen some blatant cheating on important races. I am talking about people cutting run and bike courses short, getting pushed up hills, drafting on non-draft races and receiving outside support. There is probably more, this is what I personally have observed.

Why do people want to cheat? Some of them are accomplished athletes. For most age group athletes, there is no monetary award or even fame. If I ask a person on the street who is world champion in mens 50-54 draft legal sprint 2023, I guarantee that no one knows. I don't know who it is as I am writing this. 

Even when I win a race (fairly and squarely) I am acutely aware that there are people better than me, that did not participate in this particular race for one reason or another. If you cheat, you know even less what your level is. 

It's pathetic to cheat and you take away a position (a win?) and satisfaction from someone that earned it. It happened to me this year. I did nothing about it but to write this blog. It would have been their word against mine, I had no photo evidence. If I protested, I think people would find it funny that women my age (65+) cheat. For what? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23

Carbon plated running shoes