Kiwanis triathlon in McKinney, TX

The Kiwanis triathlon in McKinney (near Dallas) September 20, was the first competition this year for me! Everything else that I have signed up for have been cancelled due to COVID-19. It was fun to see some real action again after all the training. The arrangements seemed very safe with minimal contact between people.

The sprint course started with a 275yd pool swim with quite a long run to transition. Bike 10.25 miles in two laps and run 3.1 miles. I finished with a time of 1.14.43, place 1 in my age group and 28th of all women. 

I took a wrong turn during the bike leg, just had my eyes on the person in front of me that went into transition while I had a second lap to do. No biggie, but it showed I was out of competition practice. Hopefully, a mistake I will not repeat again! It is important to compete regularly to avoid such mistakes.

/Gunilla


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Carbon plated running shoes

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23