A change of environment

After a while, your workout routines will feel old and uninspiring. It is a good idea to change training environment every now and then.

I am lucky to be able to be able to travel to Sweden every summer. I escape Texas hot weather and I get to test myself on new routes. The change gives me new motivation and energy to continue pushing myself. 

My base is in the region of Dalecarlia (Dalarna in Swedish), a center for endurance sports. Here we have one of the worlds largest outdoor swimming competitions with the "Vansbrosimningen", and the worlds largest cross country skiing competition, the "Vasaloppet", just for starters. I find arenas and training opportunities for triathlon, outdoor swimming, MTB, running, trail running, orienteering and more. 

It is fun changing routines. In the picture, I am mountain biking on the Vasa trail, it is 90 km long. The same approximate trail is used for cross-country skiing, mountain biking and distance running. Major competitions for elites and others are set along the trail. The nature and small villages along the trail are beautiful. 

I come back to Dalecarlia every summer, and I am always keen to redo the same routes and see where I stand. Since I started training 2018, I have actually slightly improved on personal records, despite getting older. 

When I go back to Texas, I look forward to attack my old familiar routes again.

/Gunilla



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Carbon plated running shoes

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23