I thought I was an older beginner in triathlon until I met Andrea...

I was matched with Andrea on the Mixed Team Relay in Irving in early May, and it was fairly humbling. I am used to think of myself as an achiever, starting triathlons at 60, completing a half ironman, placing at nationals, being part of Team USA etc. All this because I was lucky to be able to retire at 60.

Andrea will be 76 in 2022 and she started triathlon training at 72. 

She completed a half ironman at 74.

I thought I was tough to do three events on consecutive days on the multisport festival; Andrea did 5 and placed on the podium in most of them.

She is still working full time as a data scientist.

By the way, I noticed that she earned a master's in data analytics at 68, that on top of a long and distinguished career in health care.

Hats off to you and way to go Andrea!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23

Carbon plated running shoes