Multisport - Cykelvasan MTB race

This summer, I have strayed quite a bit from my core sporting activity - Triathlon. August 12, I did it

again when participating in a 94km (58.4 miles) long MTB race called Cykelvasan in Dalarna, Sweden. It is a very popular race in Sweden that draws several thousand participants. The trail is fairly easy, lots of gravel road and broad forest trails following the classical Vasa cross country ski race for the most part. 

The distance is very respectable, and I was entered into the open race. My tactic was to last the distance and never over exert myself. It worked out, I had an even pace and plucked quite a few places on the second half of the race. My time was 5 h 18 min and 34 seconds which gave me a 14th place out of 67 women in my age group.

I really had no problems during the way. As usual, Volvo cars did a video of the performance if you wanted to participate. It was fun!

Volvo movie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Carbon plated running shoes

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23