West Coast Triathlon Festival, Richmond, VA

This 2nd of May competition was a qualifier for the draft legal sprint World Championships in Bermuda later this year. Many hopefuls, including myself traveled to Virginia trying to capture one of the coveted Team USA spots, juniors and seniors included. Perfect weather and a fine location with smooth arrangements made this draft legal sprint a great competition.  

My race was in the afternoon and wind had picked up quite a bit. I thought I did a good swim, I certainly pushed myself, but it was over a minute slower than the practice swim the previous day! I don't understand why it was slower.

Bike course was 4 loops with a hairpin turn-around and a few tight turns. The only long straight stretch had headwind, and the tailwind was on the technical part of the ride so it was not that much of help. I pushed myself too hard on the bike course and got very tired.

Starting the run leg, I hit my head on the racking tubing standing up after putting on my shoes, and felt very confused for a while but I staggered out on the run course. I was tired, I had to mentally make myself to keep on running. The people around me were tired too, I don't think anyone passed me and I got through it.

I did get a second place which I was happy with, even though I was very far behind the winner, who is ranked as number 1 in the country. I cannot be as fast as her, it is physically impossible for me, but I should not be this far behind...

Still, I got a spot for Bermuda!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Carbon plated running shoes

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23