The healing power of exercise!

Photo by Med Gadon

In my last post, I was acutely suffering from an injury, probably a pinched nerve. I am relieved to report, I am doing so much better! My first action was to go swimming in cold water, and I right away felt so much better. After resting a few days, I thought I would try a bike ride with my friends. I told them I might not be able to follow them, I was tired and in pain before we even started.

After half an hour I felt good, yes, a little pain, but not anything that would hold me back. The more we biked, the better I felt, and I pushed hard at the end. It is amazing how exercise is the best antidote to pain and inflammation. I admit I also had help by anti-inflammatory inflammation, but the bigger relief comes after hard exercise. 

Friends and family agree, arthritis pain and inflammation are reduced by exercise. It is a story I hear time and time again, even with quite severe problems. It is counter intuitive, but please try it. It has helped me so many times. I wish sceptics would give it a try.

So far so good for me, I still have minor pains, but I am hopeful it will go away with stretching and yoga. I do think the weather change was the trigger of the inflammation.         



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not wait until it is too late!

Multisport National Championship Festival Irving TX April 19-23

Carbon plated running shoes